My desire is to give you the wedding that you have always dreamed of, therefore, when we create your ceremony together, it will be truly one of a kind – made just for you. It will be carefully crafted to meet you and your fiancé’s personalities, as well as your hopes, dreams, and desires for your marriage. Some ceremonies are long, some are short. Some are humorous – others reverent.
Before you decided to hire me, we had an initial consultation, so I’ll already have an idea of the direction we will take. At that time, I ask for a deposit ($175) and you will fill out a short form. Next is the fun stuff. It really is a wonderful process and many couples tell me they learn more about themselves and each other as we go through the steps of creating the ceremony.
First, we take a look at a traditional wedding ceremony format that includes the sections listed below. We’ll talk about what the sections signify and what we will include in each to bring the most heartfelt meaning to your ceremony.
- Thank You and Remembrance
- Declaration of Intent (the “I do” part)
- Ring Exchange
- Blessing or Good Wishes
- Pronouncement and Kiss
- Presentation of the Newly Married Couple
For the extras, we have all kind of choices! There are readings (religious or non), rituals, and tradition builders. (I’ll explain that when we meet). These are some of the fun things I’ve done for couples during their ceremonies – what will yours be?
- Had grooms propose when the first one didn’t go well (a total surprise for one bride!)
- Wrapped my stole around a couple during their vows – based on a tradition from the Azores – where both their families are from.
- Developed a home-centered ceremony for couples whose lives are centered around their home and its renovations – because that is their life!
- Wove favorite lines throughout the ceremony (and even vows!) for movie lovers
- Wrote and read a fun piece about the differences between a British groom and his American bride.
- Held Sunrise (with sharing of wine!) and Halloween Ceremonies
- Added family vows and children’s readings for couples with kids.
- Included Hindu and Muslim Blessings – sometimes read by family members
- Planted trees, drank wine, blessed stones (for a rock garden), tied knots, told stories, warmed rings, splashed water, broke glass, lit candles, poured sand, and more!
Your Personal Story
If you want your personal story told, here’s how it works. We begin creating your story with a questionnaire that you fill out – a questionnaire that will challenge you to dig into the qualities of your relationship – and in your own words you tell me what makes you different from all the other couples out there getting married. Then we meet. Sometimes it takes an hour – sometimes two. We laugh, we joke, we dig, dig, dig until I finally understand the essence of this thing – this life that is happening between you – this journey that will be your union, your one life.
As with the entire ceremony, there will be no surprises (unless you want them!) You will have plenty of freedom to edit and change what I’ve created for you, to make it the best possible ceremony you could hope for.
And finally, the ceremony itself. Unless you specifically wish for a more somber moment, my delivery is full of excitement, humor, and fun! As a professional public speaker, I know how to warm your guests hearts and help you feel excited and relaxed throughout your ceremony.
That’s it in a nutshell. My aim is to make this process simple, fun, and inspiring! And in the end, you will have your very own, very wonderful, very sweet marriage ceremony.